Hiawatha invites all Narragansett families to a Traditional Gathering on Sunday, April 22, at the Narragansett Longhouse.
The afternoon will begin at 1 p.m. with social dancing and drumming featuring the Youngblood singers.
At 3 p.m. we will break for a brief Introduction of Speakers for the Chief Sachem candidate with an opportunity for question and answers from guests.
The traditional gathering will continue with social dancing and dinner from 4 to 7 p.m., with food prepared by Sherry Pocknett.
Stay until midnight for DJ dancing and refreshments.
The evening’s menu will include:
- Roasted Buffalo Sirloin
- Baked Stuffed Striped Bass with quahog Stuffing
- Quahog Chowder
- Three Sisters Succotash
- Corn Bread
- Cranberry walnut bread with blueberry butter
- Dandelion green salad with watercress, pears, blackberries and walnut with a light citrus dressing
- Mixed field greens with ripened tomatoes and a cranberry vinaigrette dressing
- Garlic mashed potatoes
- Three Sisters rice
- Butternut Squash
- Sauteed garlicky green beans
- Sauteed fiddlehead ferns
- Strawberry shortcake
- Blueberry Slump
- Black raspberry crisp
- Sassafras Tea
- Strawberry Moon Tea
- Mint Maple Tea